When producing one-off artistic work in an applied art context it's not at all clear which intellectual property right applies. For further information see Own-it's FAQ - Copyright or design right?
Jewellery designer Ruth Tomlinson talks about her working practice from developing her collections and working with retailers to producing bespoke pieces for clients.
- I'm an artist - what do I need to know about IP?
- Copyright or design right?
- My precious: The IP in jewellery
- Going for gold
- I'm a designer: what do I need to know about IP?
- India's jewellers turn to tradition
- Own-it Copyright Factsheet
- Design into manufacture: Making the big leap
- Who owns commissioned artwork? The artistic, legal and ethical implications of the commissioning process
- The IP Guide to...Industrial design
Designer: Ruth Tomlinson
Lawyer: Silas Brown, Briffa
Camera: Donald Bousted
Camera Assistant: Alex Hedley
Post Production: Best Bits Media Ltd
Produced by Silvia Baumgart
Narrated by Nick Kaplony
Photos by Ian Forsyth
Filmed at Cockpit Arts and the Business Design Centre
Commissioned by Own-it