Funding for Studying

Artquest does not carry information on funding sources for Higher Education - BA, MA or PhD courses.

The main funders of post-graduate courses in the UK are the Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC), who have an annual application deadline.  Funding can only be considered after a confirmed place has been offered at a UK Higher Education Institution.

BA degree level courses are funded through a student loan provided by the Government (for English students) or a grant for Scottish students.

Your Higher Education Institution may also have bursaries or grants which you may be eligible to apply for, at any level of study - contact their student services or registry for information about this.

This article is from the Artlaw Archive of Henry Lydiate's columns published in Art Monthly since 1976, and may contain out of date material.
The article is for information only, and not for the purpose of providing legal advice.
Readers should consult a solicitor for legal advice on specific matters. Artists can get free online legal information from Artquest.