Galleries and exhibitions
For a good overview of the gallery / artist relationship and what each party should expect, watch our ArtlawTV film; an interview with Rene Gimpel of Gimpel Fils.
- How do I get my gallery / dealer to return unsold works?
- What should I do if my dealer / gallery goes bust?
- Can the organiser of an art show subsequently decide to remove a work from the show on the grounds that it is offensive?
- If I sell artwork through a gallery located abroad, can the gallery deduct ‘withholding tax’ on my earnings?
- What issues should I consider if before hiring space for a group show with other artists?
- If I hire a stand at an Art Fair to sell my own artwork, what can I do if the event is cancelled?
- What can I do if my work is damaged as a result of submitting it to a third party, such as a dealer or art competition?
- A piece of work I made was damaged while on display at a gallery. Can the gallery deduct any money from the insurance claim as commission?
- How to recoup money you are owed through an Online Court Claim
- Do I have to pay tax on my grant or award?
- Is there a definite ruling on what constitutes an edition?
- If my gallery is based abroad who will decide in case of a dispute?