Artquest was busy as usual in 2012, with a raft of new projects, residencies, talks, event, films, interviews and resources to support artistic practice.
As well as our ongoing programmes Self Assembly and The Real World, alongside our annual PRIMER publication, Artquest completed the following projects. We also initiated the AWP Internships programme and a year-long studio residency for new graduates, LIFE BOAT.
- Selling Out - throughout 2012
- Accounts - October-November 2012
- Make Art Pay - September-October 2012
- Enterprise Week - November 2012
- Mixing It Up: An Intergenrational Perspective - April-October 2012
- IP for Curators - April-May 2012
- Intern Culture - May 2012
- Own-it TV - March 2012
- New Economy of Art - October 2011-March 2012
- Trade Secrets - January to March 2012
- Artquest 10th Anniversary party - 13 January 2012
- FuelRCA talk - 25 January 2012
- Money Talks - October 2011 to March 2012
- Musuem for Skills - May 2012
- Arts-START - 30 June 2012
To celebrate Artquest 10th anniversary we organised a get together at the Showroom. The Vacuum Cleaner did a performance, The Roving Artist Charles Burns created siluettes of almost every guest, And Publishing was showcasing their latest publications and everybody had a good time.
Artquest took part in the Show Me the Money seminar organised by Fuel RCA for its current students and alumni. The other 2 speakers were filmaker and RCA tutor Stuart Croft and artist, curator and lecturer Rosalind Davies. Rosalind shared her notes and tips on how to make your practice financially sustainable and Artquest presentation on money and budgets is also downloadble.