The network is maintained by Artquest, a programme of University of the Arts London, in receipt of funding from Arts Council England. These are our terms and conditions for use of the network. These terms and conditions apply whenever you access the network, on any device. In these terms and conditions, when we say Exchange, we mean this network, regardless of how you access it.
By using Exchange, you are deemed to have accepted these conditions.
We reserve the right to modify or terminate the Exchange service for any reason, without notice at any time, and we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, at any time.
You can use the basic features of the network free of charge. However, you accept that you will have to pay for any and all network data charges (including but not limited to your Internet access charges and mobile originated SMS message charges) that may be incurred when you use the network.
Any changes we make to the terms and conditions will be reflected on this page.
The terms and conditions for using Exchange are as follows:
- When you register, you are registering as a personal, individual user of Exchange.
- Access to registration areas is via your username and password.
- You must be 18 years or older to use the Service.
- We allow you access to the registration areas of the site on the basis that:
- your email address and password are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else to access Exchange
- you will not do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any registration area of Exchange
- you do not maliciously create additional registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the site, or other users; nor do you seek to pass yourself off as another user
- you comply with these terms and conditions.
- If, for any reason, we believe that you have not complied with these requirements, we may, at our discretion, cancel your access to Exchange immediately and without notice.
2. Termination of Membership
- If we wish to bring the agreement to an end, we will do so by emailing you at the address you have registered stating that the agreement has terminated. The agreement will terminate and your email address and password will become invalid on Exchange immediately.
3. Disclaimer of liability
- To the extent permitted at law, we do not accept any responsibility for any statement in the material on this site. For the purposes of this agreement, “material” means material including, without limitation, text, video, graphics and sound material, published on the Exchange network, whether copyright of Artquest or a third party. You must not rely on any statement we have published on Exchange without first taking specialist professional advice. Nothing in the material is provided for any specific purpose or at the request of any particular person.
- For the avoidance of confusion, we will not be liable for any loss caused as a result of your doing, or not doing, anything as a result of viewing, reading or listening to the material or any part of it (except for death or personal injury attributable to our negligence and to the extent permitted at law).
- You can access other sites via links from Exchange. These sites are not under our control and we are not responsible in any way for any of their contents.
- We give no warranties of any kind concerning Exchange or the material. In particular, we do not warrant that Exchange or any of its contents is virus free. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything which has destructive properties.
- All information included in listings published on this website is provided by our members. Artquest publishes extensive guidelines to aid members in arranging exchanges, but we make no warranty, either expressed or implied, about the information provided. Artquest is not a party to, and bears no responsibility for any agreement or contract entered into by members, subscribers or other users of information provided on this website.
- Any information and material provided is for informative purposes only and should not diminish the individual’s obligation to seek appropriate professional advice where such is required or necessary.
- Neither Artquest, University of the Arts London, any of its employees, agents or subcontractors can be held responsible or liable to users of the information or any other person for any errors or omissions, or for any losses, costs or claims which arise as a result of relying on such information or advice.
- Please contact us if you find any material on the site which is inaccurate or misleading.
- Exchange relies entirely upon the integrity of members and does not guarantee the accuracy of the information provided herein, the condition of the studios or accommodation before or after an exchange, nor conduct of the members or users of the information in this website at any time, nor that an exchange will be available. The only responsibility of Exchange is to make available listings to its members.
- Should any information provided by members be found to be grossly misrepresented, Artquest reserves the right to remove, at our discretion, any listing at any time.
- Members agree that Artquest shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or other damages whatsoever, regardless of the form of the claim, including but not limited to liability for cancellations, injuries to persons or damages to property, including cars or vehicles. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
4. Third party material on Exchange
- You may see advertising material submitted by third parties on Exchange. Individual advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising material which they submit to us, including ensuring that it complies with relevant legislation. We accept no responsibility for the content of advertising material, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
5. Submitting graphical material and photography for publication on this site
- When you send a photograph or other graphical material to us you do so in accordance with these Terms of service.
- This means that you hereby agree that you have taken the photograph(s) you have sent to us or you have permission from or are authorised by the owner of the photograph(s) to send it (them) to us, and you are granting us a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to publish or otherwise use the photograph(s) in any way and at any time we want on the Exchange web site.
- Selected photographs and graphical material will be published at the discretion of Artquest and you will not be paid, even if your photograph(s) is (are) published.
- We may cut, edit, crop or arrange your photograph(s) or graphic as we think fit to appear on the Exchange web site, and we may remove your photograph(s) or graphics at any time.
- Your name will be published alongside your photograph(s) or graphic, but we may edit or delete any comments which you submit along with your photograph(s) or graphic.
- You, or the owner of the photograph(s), still own the copyright in the photograph(s) sent to us and are free to republish the photograph(s) wherever you or the owner wish and in whatever medium you or the owner want.
6. Submitting text for publication on this site
- Users of our site may in future submit material for publication in various areas of the site, including blogs and travel tips. We accept no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and published by us and we are not responsible for its content and accuracy. Users may also immediately submit material for use on their profile.
- If you want to submit material to us for publication on Exchange, you may do so on the following terms and conditions:
- publication of any material you submit to us will be at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to make additions or deletions to the text or graphics prior to publication, or to refuse publication
- you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish any material you submit to us in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format
- you warrant to us that any material you submit to us is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights
- you warrant that the material you submit is not obscene, offensive, defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal
- you agree not to post material which is deliberately intended to upset other users
- you acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses.
- we reserve the right to remove your access to individual services completely if we believe you are abusing the services in any way.
- These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the site after it has been posted. Details of variations will be posted here.
- No variations have been made to this document since 22 May 2008.
8. Force majeure
- Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to Exchange, we do not guarantee this. You understand that the Service may have software “bugs” and may have other issues affecting availability and functionality. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
9. Governing law & jurisdiction
- This agreement is governed by English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. You may not use the Exchange service for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. You must not modify, adapt or hack Exchange or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Exchange.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms and conditions of use are declared void or unenforceable, such provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary and replaced with a valid provision that best embodies the initial intent of these Terms and conditions of use, so that these Terms and conditions of use shall remain in full force and effect.
10. Your obligations as a member of Exchange
- It is vital that you keep your password safe. You may change it on your profile at any time.
- Do not allow non-members to use your private login details to access our private members only site nor share any members’ private information with non-members.
- Please do encourage your friends and colleagues to join Exchange, as the greater the choice of studios and accommodation, the better experience for all members.
- If you have registered with us and subsequently change your details, you should immediately update your details on this website by entering your username and password on the login screen and accessing the relevant part of your profile.
- If you should change your email address, change it in your profile otherwise members will not be able to contact you.
11. Your responsibilities to other Exchange members
- It is your responsibility to respond promptly to all exchange offers you receive and to let any other members you are in correspondence with know as soon as you have agreed to an exchange offer. Ensure you are satisfied with all arrangements before agreeing to go ahead with an exchange. Never cancel a firm exchange agreement but, if cancellation is unavoidable (due to serious illness or a death in the family) do your utmost to help your exchange partners with alternative accommodation. Leave your studio and accommodation clean and tidy for your exchange guests. Treat all studios, accommodation and vehicles entrusted to you with care, leaving them in the condition you found them on your departure.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Exchange users or use any information obtained from Exchange in order to do so. You must not create or submit unwanted email to any Exchange members (“spam”) or transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
- All content within this site, including each studio exchange listing, is copyright and exclusively available to members of Exchange for the express purpose of arranging studio and / or accommodation exchanges. No part of its contents may be used for commercial solicitations by any other company, organisation or individual.
- This site is a service of a subscription based, private membership organisation, and all information contained herein is unconditionally private and not in the public domain. This information is not sold or distributed publicly. No part of this online database may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted in any form or in any language, by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopied, recorded or otherwise. Unauthorised use of this site will be fully exposed and will be confronted to the fullest degree of all applicable laws, both national and international. Further, all monies will be forfeited if unauthorised use is established.
- Artquest, operating this site, is based in England and is registered with The Data Protection Registrar through its status as a project of University of the Arts London (registration no: Z5620514). University of the Arts London fulfils all obligations as a registered data user under the Data Protection Act 1998.
- When you join Exchange, you need to complete the starred fields on the membership form, including setting your own unique password, entering your name and a valid email address. You must also include your postal address and phone number but none of your contact information, including your email address, will be visible to members using the site unless you choose to make it so. No personal information will be visible to non-members at any time.
- Additionally, you may choose to make your personal information visible to selected, trusted members at your sole discretion.
- Artquest’s general disclosure policy is as follows:
- Not to disclose any of your information without your permission
- Not to supply any member’s private contact information to non-members
- Not to sell, rent or give away your information to any third party
- Only to disclose your information if legally obligated to do so by a statutory authority with the appropriate jurisdiction.
- Recent members profiles may be highlighted on the Artquest home page, with only headline information and registration date available. Only members of Exchange have access to profile details.
- Cookies: a cookie is a piece of data stored on your hard drive that allows us to recognise your computer from one page access to the next. We use only session cookies that are designed not to be permanent or persistent. The session cookie is designed so that, after 24 hours, the cookie will simply terminate. The login process and all member functionality require that your browser be configured to accept cookies.