Artists’ Union England Hustings
In the run-up to the 2015 general election, Artists’ Union England organised a hustings event with representatives of the major UK parties to discuss their plans for artists and the arts. Artquest were media partner for this event.
The hustings were held on Wednesday 11 February 2015 at Chelsea College of Art and Design, London and attended by:
- Bob and Roberta Smith (artist and independent candidate for Surrey Heath)
- Ed Vaizey MP (HM Minister for Culture, Communications and Creative Industries)
- Baroness Jane Bonham-Carter (LibDem spokesperson on DCMS matters in the House of Lords)
- Chris Bryant MP (Shadow Minister for Culture and the Digital Economy)
- Martin Dobson (Green Party)
The event provided an opportunity for representatives of different political parties to directly address the concerns of artists in advance of the general election. The hustings featured short presentations from each of the party representatives and independent candidates, followed by an audience question and answer session.