AWP Internship Application Form and Guidelines
Application for the AWP Internships scheme is via a simple online form.
The deadline for applications has been extended to 10am on Monday 15th July 2019 when the form will automatically go offline. Please ensure you leave yourself plenty of time to upload your material as late applications will not be accepted. You do not have to wait for the deadline to apply. You can submit your application any time before the deadline.
Please note, it is only possible to apply for one internship post. You should ensure that your application is tailored specifically for the role/organisation you are applying for.
It is not possible for you to save and return to the form so we recommend that you prepare all of the necessary material before hand and paste it/upload it when you feel it’s ready.
If you have any questions about the application procedure please contact Tom Pope. To ensure any queries are addressed in time for the application deadline we recommend you email us with any questions no later than 4pm Wednesday 3rd July 2019.
To complete the application you will need to provide an covering letter / application statement in which you should
- Explain why you want to do the specific internship you’re applying for
- Explain what attracts you about the organisation offering this project
- Show how you can benefit the organisation, as well as how the internship will benefit your specific future career aims
- Explain how your past work experience relates to the tasks outlined in the project on offer
- Show your interest and commitment to the organisation you are applying to and its project
- Useful practical details like your available week days for work and for interview
- Please note you do not need to include postal address information in your covering letter text
For general advice on writing covering letters read the article on UAL Careers and Employability website.
You will also need to upload a CV of max 2 sides A4. (Though since you’re a new graduate, your CV might be shorter than this).
A CV should include:
- Past relevant work experience
- Professional memberships
- Projects relevant to the opportunity on offer
- Website and contact details
You do not need to include:
- Images of your work
- Artists statements about your work
- General outside interests
For more information on writing employment CVs visit the UAL Careers and Employability website
Please refer to the eligibility criteria for this opportunity, and please note that we cannot consider applications from ineligible candidates.