Peer Forum, Artquest’s annual Peer Mentoring programme aims to assist artists by providing them with the funding, space and resources necessary to establish their own peer mentoring groups. Artquest are working in partnership with a number of London’s respected art spaces to host these groups giving participants the opportunity to build relationships with their host organisation.
Artquest is funding 4 artists peer mentoring groups to meet regular over a 6 month period at various host/partner organisations.
Selected artists/groups will receive:
- An all-inclusive award of £1,800 to run 6 peer mentoring sessions over a 6 month period with a regular group of 10-12 other artists (Please note, some host organisations provide additional support. See specific organisational call details as they are announced.)
- A space provided by one of Artquest’s project partners for the peer mentoring sessions to take place (and in some cases basic refreshments and presentation equipment).
Artists awarded this opportunity coordinate all aspects of the peer mentoring sessions, liasing with host organisations and participating artists to arrange a mutually agreeable time for peer mentoring sessions to take place
Artquest is currently supporting artists peer mentoring groups at the following organisations.
Read our guide to peer mentoring groups and accompanying downloadable PDF to assist with the running of your own peer mentoring sessions. For a case study of an Artquest supported Peer Mentoring group listen to this audio from Will Clifford that took place as part of the Self Assembly series of talks, or this interview with photographer Lewis Bush who was awarded the PEER FORUM grant at The Photographers’ Gallery in 2016. If you have any questions regarding the programme as a whole please email Nick Kaplony.
Past PEER FORUM groups
In previous years the following artists were supported at the organisations below.
- Camden Arts Centre – with artists Alicia Tsigarides (Lead artist), Leah Carless, Katharine Fry, Rebecca Jagoe, Olivia Brazier, Annie Attridge, Lindsey Mendick, Alicia Reyes McNamara, Holly Hendry, Mindy Lee and Tenant of Culture
- Cubitt – with artists Rose Gibbs (Lead artist) Clare Bottomley, Charlie Coffey, Kim Dhillon, Andrea Francke, Ross Jardine, Susan Kelly , Helen Knowles, Sara Paiola, Sophia Marinkov Jones, Stephanie Wehowski, Hermione Wiltshire, Paulina Yurman.
- The Photographers’ Gallery – with artists Thom Bridge (Lead artist) Andrew Bruce, Emma Bäcklund, Philipp Dorl, Kim Jakobsen To, Maria Kapajeva, Laura Hensser, Julie Hill, Helen McGhie, Ryan Moule, Anja Olofgörs, Martin Seeds and Monica Takvam.
- Camden Arts Centre – with artists Josie Cockram (Lead artist), Anita Delaney (Lead artist), Victoria Adam, Gabriel Stones, Isabel Mallet, Richard Lockett, Lauren Godfrey, Amanda Loomes, Jamie Bracken Lobb, Mat Jenner and Paul Gwilliam
- Cubitt – with artists Larry Achiampong, Beverley Bennett, Appau Junior Boakye-Yiadom, Evan Ifekoya, Shepherd Manyika, Jade Montserrat, Ima-Abasi Okon and Nicola Thomas
- The Photographers’ Gallery – with artists Lewis Bush (Lead artist), Alma Haser, Tim Mitchell, Tina Remiz, Max Colson, Jocelyn Allen, Clare Hewitt, Christopher Bethell, Andrew Youngson and Marcia Chandra.
- Peckham Platform – with artists Eelyn Lee (Lead Artist), Simon Terrill, Annette Mees, Hannah Nicklin, Harold Offeh, Isa Suarez, R.M. Sánchez-Camus, Close and Remote, Tanya Singh and Janette Paris