Peer Forum, Artquest’s annual Peer Mentoring programme aims to assist artists by providing them with the funding, space and resources necessary to establish their own peer mentoring groups. Artquest are working in partnership with a number of London’s respected art spaces to host these groups giving participants the opportunity to build relationships with their host organisation.
Artquest will fund a peer mentoring group at four organisations over a 6 month period. So far, this year Artquest has funded artists peer mentoring groups at Camden Arts Centre, Cubitt and The Photographers’ Gallery.
Selected artists/groups will receive:
- An all-inclusive award of £1,800 to run 6 peer mentoring sessions over a 6 month period with a regular group of 10-12 other artists (Please note, some host organisations provide additional support. See specific organisational call details as they are announced.)
- A space provided by one of Artquest’s project partners for the peer mentoring sessions to take place (and in some cases basic refreshments and presentation equipment).
Artists awarded this opportunity will be expected to coordinate all aspects of the peer mentoring sessions, liasing with host organisations and participating artists to arrange a mutually agreeable time for peer mentoring sessions to take place
Before applying for any of the PEER FORUM groups please read our guide to peer mentoring groups and accompanying downloadable PDF to assist with your application and the running of your sessions. For a case study of an Artquest supported Peer Mentoring group listen to this audio from Will Clifford that took place as part of the Self Assembly series of talks, or this interview with photographer Lewis Bush who was awarded the PEER FORUM grant at The Photographers’ Gallery in 2016.
If you have any questions regarding the programme as a whole please email Nick Kaplony.
PEER FORUM 2016
In 2016 Artquest supported mentoring groups at the following organisations
- Camden Arts Centre – with artists Josie Cockram (Lead artist), Anita Delaney (Lead artist), Victoria Adam, Gabriel Stones, Isabel Mallet, Richard Lockett, Lauren Godfrey, Amanda Loomes, Jamie Bracken Lobb, Mat Jenner and Paul Gwilliam
- Cubitt – with artists Larry Achiampong, Beverley Bennett, Appau Junior Boakye-Yiadom, Evan Ifekoya, Shepherd Manyika, Jade Montserrat, Ima-Abasi Okon and Nicola Thomas
- The Photographers’ Gallery – with artists Lewis Bush (Lead artist), Alma Haser, Tim Mitchell, Tina Remiz, Max Colson, Jocelyn Allen, Clare Hewitt, Christopher Bethell, Andrew Youngson and Marcia Chandra.
- Peckham Platform – with artists Eelyn Lee (Lead Artist), Simon Terrill, Annette Mees, Hannah Nicklin, Harold Offeh, Isa Suarez, R.M. Sánchez-Camus, Close and Remote, Tanya Singh and Janette Paris