By using the Artquest website you are deemed to agree to the terms and conditions set out below.
These terms and conditions apply whenever you access this website, on any device. In these terms and conditions, when we say ‘Artquest’, we mean the whole programme including this website, regardless of how you access it.
We reserve the right to modify or terminate this service for any reason, without notice at any time, and we reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason, at any time.
You can use the basic features of the website free of charge. However, you accept that you will have to pay for any and all network data charges (including but not limited to your Internet access charges and mobile originated SMS message charges) that may be incurred when you use the network.
Any changes we make to the terms and conditions will be reflected on this page.
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work, or work more efficiently, as well as to provide information to the owners of the site.
We collect this information in a way which does not identify anyone. We do not make any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting Artquest. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source.
If you do not want cookies to be installed on your computer you can set your browsers to accept or reject all, or certain, cookies. You can also set their browser to prompt them each time a cookie is offered. To find out how to disable cookies for your browser please visit the About Cookies website. External websites advertised through Artquest may also collect browsing information from you using cookies. Please read the website’s cookies policy for information about how they will use your data.
The contact information provided by other organisations and companies is provided in good faith and should be used for the sole purpose of responding to opportunities or procuring goods and services. It should not be used to create a mailing list or used to send unsolicited emails, for example, offering services or spam.
The content on Artquest pages is commissioned to independent authors who retain copyright in their works. Content on most of the Artquest website is distributed under a Creative Commons, attribution, non-commercial, share-alike licence.
Accuracy of information
Artquest, across all of our websites, information, projects and other services, makes every effort to provide information which is relevant and as complete, up-to-date and accurate as possible.
Any information and material provided, including legal information, is for informative purposes only and should not diminish the individual’s obligation to seek appropriate professional advice where such is required or necessary. Neither Artquest nor any of its employees, agents or subcontractors can be held responsible or liable to users of the information or any other person for any errors or omissions, or for any losses, costs or claims which arise as a result of relying on such information or advice. Please contact us if you find any material on the site which is inaccurate or misleading.
Links to other websites
Artquest may contain links to other websites. Artquest is not responsible for the content of external internet sites.
- When you register, you are registering as a personal, individual user of Exchange.
- Access to registration areas is via your username and password.
- You must be 18 years or older to use Exchange.
- We allow you access to the registration areas of the site on the basis that:
- your email address and password are personal to you and may not be used by anyone else to access Exchange
- you will not do anything which would assist anyone who is not a registered user to gain access to any registration area of Exchange
- you do not maliciously create additional registration accounts for the purpose of abusing the functionality of the site, or other users; nor do you seek to pass yourself off as another user
- you comply with these terms and conditions.
- If, for any reason, we believe that you have not complied with these requirements, we may, at our discretion, cancel your access to Exchange immediately and without notice.
- When you join Exchange, you need to complete the membership form, including setting your own unique password, entering your name and a valid email address. You must also include your postal address and phone number but none of your contact information, including your email address, will be visible to members using the site. No personal information will be visible to non-members at any time.
1. Termination of Exchange Membership
- If we wish to bring the agreement to an end, we will do so by emailing you at the address you have registered stating that the agreement has terminated. The agreement will terminate and your email address and password will become invalid on Exchange immediately.
2. Your obligations as a member of Exchange
- It is vital that you keep your password safe. You may change it on your profile at any time.
- Do not allow non-members to use your private login details to access our private members only site nor share any members’ private information with non-members.
- Please do encourage your friends and colleagues to join Exchange, as the greater the choice of studios and accommodation, the better experience for all members.
- If you have registered with us and subsequently change your details, you should immediately update your details on this website by entering your username and password on the login screen and accessing the relevant part of your profile.
- If you should change your email address, change it in your profile otherwise members will not be able to contact you.
3. Your responsibilities to other Exchange members
- It is your responsibility to respond promptly to all exchange offers you receive and to let any other members you are in correspondence with know as soon as you have agreed to an exchange offer. Ensure you are satisfied with all arrangements before agreeing to go ahead with an exchange. Never cancel a firm exchange agreement but, if cancellation is unavoidable (due to serious illness or a death in the family) do your utmost to help your exchange partners with alternative accommodation. Leave your studio and accommodation clean and tidy for your exchange guests. Treat all studios, accommodation and vehicles entrusted to you with care, leaving them in the condition you found them on your departure.
- You must not abuse, harass, threaten, impersonate or intimidate other Exchange users or use any information obtained from Exchange in order to do so. You must not create or submit unwanted email to any Exchange members (“spam”) or transmit any worms or viruses or any code of a destructive nature.
4. Third party material on Exchange
- You may see advertising material submitted by third parties on Exchange. Individual advertisers are solely responsible for the content of advertising material which they submit to us, including ensuring that it complies with relevant legislation. We accept no responsibility for the content of advertising material, including, without limitation, any error, omission or inaccuracy therein.
Submitting text for publication on Artquest
- Users of our site may in future submit material for publication in various areas of the site, including blogs and travel tips. We accept no liability in respect of any material submitted by users and published by us and we are not responsible for its content and accuracy. Users may also immediately submit material for use on their profile.
- If you want to submit material to us for publication on Artquest, you may do so on the following terms and conditions:
- publication of any material you submit to us will be at our sole discretion. We reserve the right to make additions or deletions to the text or graphics prior to publication, or to refuse publication
- you grant us a non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide licence to republish any material you submit to us in any format, including without limitation print and electronic format
- you warrant to us that any material you submit to us is your own original work and that you own the copyright and any other relevant rights
- you warrant that the material you submit is not obscene, offensive, defamatory of any person or otherwise illegal
- you agree not to post material which is deliberately intended to upset other users
- you acknowledge that any breach of these warranties may cause us damage or loss and you agree to indemnify us in full and permanently against any third party liabilities, claims, costs, loss or damage we incur as a result of publishing material you submit to us, including consequential losses.
- we reserve the right to remove your access to individual services completely if we believe you are abusing the services in any way.
Submitting graphical material and photography for publication on Artquest
- When you send a photograph or other graphical material to us you do so in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- This means that you hereby agree that you have taken the photograph(s) you have sent to us or you have permission from or are authorised by the owner of the photograph(s) to send it (them) to us, and you are granting us a non-exclusive, royalty-free licence to publish or otherwise use the photograph(s) in any way and at any time we want on this website.
- Selected photographs and graphical material will be published at the discretion of Artquest and you will not be paid, even if your photograph(s) is (are) published.
- We may cut, edit, crop or arrange your photograph(s) or graphic as we think fit to appear on this website, and we may remove your photograph(s) or graphics at any time.
- Your name will be published alongside your photograph(s) or graphic, but we may edit or delete any comments which you submit along with your photograph(s) or graphic.
- You, or the owner of the photograph(s), still own the copyright in the photograph(s) sent to us and are free to republish the photograph(s) wherever you or the owner wish and in whatever medium you or the owner want.
Disclaimer of liability
- Neither Artquest, University of the Arts London, any of its employees, agents or subcontractors can be held responsible or liable to users of the information or any other person for any errors or omissions, or for any losses, costs or claims which arise as a result of relying on such information or advice.
- Any information and material provided is for informative purposes only and should not diminish the individual’s obligation to seek appropriate professional advice where such is required or necessary.
- All information included in listings published on this website is provided by our members. Artquest publishes guidelines to aid members in arranging exchanges, but we make no warranty, either expressed or implied, about the information provided. Artquest is not a party to, and bears no responsibility for any agreement or contract entered into by members, subscribers or other users of information provided on this website.
- We give no warranties of any kind concerning this website or the material. In particular, we do not warrant that Exchange or any of its contents is virus free. You must take your own precautions in this respect as we accept no responsibility for any infection by virus or other contamination or by anything which has destructive properties.
- Artquest has no control over third party information which is made available on its website. Similarly, it has little or no control over how third parties may use information and materials which you make available to them through applications or enquiries. Artquest does not accept liability for any loss, damage, costs or expenses which may result from or arise out of your use of third party information, or any use by third parties of information you provide them with.
- For the avoidance of confusion, we will not be liable for any loss caused as a result of your doing, or not doing, anything as a result of viewing, reading or listening to the material or any part of it (except for death or personal injury attributable to our negligence and to the extent permitted at law).
- To the extent permitted at law, we do not accept any responsibility for any statement in the material on this site. For the purposes of this agreement, “material” means material including, without limitation, text, video, graphics and sound material, published on this site, including the Exchange network, whether copyright of Artquest or a third party. You must not rely on any statement we have published on this site without first taking specialist professional advice. Nothing in the material is provided for any specific purpose or at the request of any particular person.
- Artquest shall not be liable for any delay or failures in performance on its part, in whole or in part, if such delay or non-performance is due to any cause beyond its reasonable control.
- Artquest cannot guarantee that its website will always be available and it shall not be liable if, for any reason the website is unavailable at any time or for any period.
- Please contact us if you find any material on the site which is inaccurate or misleading.
- Exchange relies entirely upon the integrity of members and does not guarantee the accuracy of the information provided herein, the condition of the studios or accommodation before or after an exchange, nor conduct of the members or users of the information in this website at any time, nor that an exchange will be available. The only responsibility of Exchange is to make available listings to its members.
- Should any information provided by members be found to be grossly misrepresented, Artquest reserves the right to remove, at our discretion, any listing at any time.
- Members agree that Artquest shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, consequential or other damages whatsoever, regardless of the form of the claim, including but not limited to liability for cancellations, injuries to persons or damages to property, including cars or vehicles. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.
- These terms may be varied from time to time. Please ensure that you review these terms and conditions regularly as you will be deemed to have accepted a variation if you continue to use the site after it has been posted. Details of variations will be posted here.
- No variations have been made to this document since 3 November 2016.
- Although we will do our best to provide constant, uninterrupted access to Artquest, we do not guarantee this. You understand that the Service may have software “bugs” and may have other issues affecting availability and functionality. We accept no responsibility or liability for any interruption or delay.
Governing law & jurisdiction
- This agreement is governed by English law and the parties agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts. You may not use this website and this service for any illegal or unauthorised purpose. You must not modify, adapt or hack this website or modify another website so as to falsely imply that it is associated with Artquest.
- If any of the provisions of these Terms and conditions of use are declared void or unenforceable, such provisions shall be limited or eliminated to the minimum extent necessary and replaced with a valid provision that best embodies the initial intent of these Terms and conditions of use, so that these Terms and conditions of use shall remain in full force and effect.
- All content within the Exchange network, including each studio exchange listing, is copyright and exclusively available to members of Exchange for the express purpose of arranging studio and / or accommodation exchanges. No part of its contents may be used for commercial solicitations by any other company, organisation or individual.
- Exchange is a service of a subscription based, private membership organisation, and all information contained herein is unconditionally private and not in the public domain. This information is not sold or distributed publicly. No part of this online database may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, transmitted in any form or in any language, by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopied, recorded or otherwise. Unauthorised use of this site will be fully exposed and will be confronted to the fullest degree of all applicable laws, both national and international. Further, all monies will be forfeited if unauthorised use is established.
- Artquest, operating this site, is based in England and is registered with The Information Commissioners Office through its status as a project of University of the Arts London (registration no: Z5620514). University of the Arts London fulfils all obligations as a registered data user under the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Artquest’s general disclosure policy is as follows:
- Not to disclose any of your information without your permission
- Not to supply any member’s private contact information to non-members
- Not to sell, rent or give away your information to any third party
- Only to disclose your information if legally obligated to do so by a statutory authority with the appropriate jurisdiction.
- Recent members profiles may be highlighted on the Artquest home page, with only headline information and registration date available. Only members of Exchange have access to profile details.