Projects in 2013: overview
In 2013 we programmed a major conference and commissioned a new piece of work at the Venice Biennale as well as our ongoing programme of talks, events and web resources.
Programmes ending or continuing through 2013 included
- AWP Internships: Paid internships at small arts organisations
- An Arts Foundation: A series of interviews with art graduates who have excelled in other roles and industries on the impact of their arts education.
- Self Assembly (audio presented via Channel Q): a series of practical talks about diverse artists careers
- The Real World: philosophical and critical discussions for artists in their working lives.
- Primer: ebook aimed at new graduates about the first steps of practicing as an artist
- The Workweek Prize: annual arts award for the best of Art Licks Weekend
- Lifeboat: studio residency programme for new fine arts graduates
One-off and major programmes in 2013 were
- Fringe: The Art Party: Artquest organised and funded a group of artists to attend this event that debated the future of the arts in a climate of spending cuts and changes to the education system.
- For the love of it*: a major one-day conference that explored the assumptions, expectations and myths of working as an artist today.
- The Artist’s Pavillion: a social space reserved for visual artists during the Venice Biennale preview days, and a commission by artist Erica Donovan.
- Future Map: talks to new fine art graduates by artists Emilia Telese on making applications and David Murphy on finding good opportunities.