We select opportunities for quality and fairness, ensuring that adequate conditions, payment and budgets (where relevant) are offered. We post opportunities that we judge to be career-enhancing and of wide interest to our audience of visual artists. Please note that due to staff holidays, we will be slower than usual to post opportunities until 9th August. Apologies in advance for any delays!
Opportunities that we list include:
- Awards, prizes and competitions
- Grants and fellowships
- Calls for papers and conferences
- Professional development opportunities
Please note that we do not list:
- Residencies that are self-funded or charge a fee
- Exhibitions and other opportunities where there is a significant cost to artists to participate – for example, where artists must pay for gallery hire
- Courses and workshops – but we can add you to our Art Directory as a course/workshop provider or studio
- Jobs, internships and volunteering opportunities
- Opportunities that are not open to UK artists
To recommend an opportunity for listing, please complete the form below.